This book offers not only a fresh look at the Vincent “classic” history (1928-1955), well documented in many books, but also the more enigmatic, modern period (1955-today), and in particular the story of the Egli-Vincent and its numerous replicas and copy-cats.
- Understand how the Vincent 998cc v-twin became a “living legend.”
- Learn why and how the brand declined into bankruptcy, despite engineering excellence.
- Read all about why and how Vincent inspired – and continues to inspire – generations of mechanics and engineers.
- A full explanation is given as to why Vincent gave birth to so many specials over a 70-year period.
- See how Fritz Egli transformed the Vincent, and its effect on the Japanese motorcycle industry.
- The imbroglio of the Egli-Vincent production model, and replicas, over a 45-year period is unraveled. The most copied bike ever!
- Why the Vincent design is still capable and competitive today, on road and track, is revealed.
- Discover the Vincent racers that successfully stood-up to the modern motorcycle until the late 1970s.
- A comprehensive view of Vincent derivatives up to the present day, including the café racer, chopper, bobber and pro-street styles, is presented..
- And consider the future of Vincent.
Check also the menu tabs at the top of the page: “The Story”, “Chapters preview”, “Content Summary”, “Models covered by the book”, “About the author” & “Order your print”
All the content of this website is subject to copyright – Philippe Guyony © 2015
Header photo © Mars Webster